Tuesday 1 April 2014

Two Totally Different Techniques

I made some really cool and cute things this week as part of my wedding unit. In the morning I sculpted a handbag shape from floral foam and covered it with leaves and orchid heads using different pinning and gluing techniques

Funky leaf handbag



In the afternoon I learnt how to make a wired baskette. It is a small design with a handle that a bridesmaid would hold. I think it is really cute and pretty and a great alternative to a bouquet for a young bridesmaid or flower girl as it is very light and quite robust.

Baskette with Dendrobiums, spray roses, chrysanths and spray carnations

Both of these designs will go in my wedding portfolio.

2 comments:

  1. These baskets are stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I like this design too :-) a lot of work though as each flower/piece of foliage is individually wired and taped then the whole thing is assembled!

      Delete