Friday 13 June 2014

70th Birthday Celebrations

To celebrate my mother's 70th birthday at the end of May we had a vintage-style tea party with friends and family at home.



I had been planning the flowers for the day well in advance in my head. I wanted a cottage garden feel to the flowers with pastel colours. My mum loves freesias, so they had to be included. I chose white dahlias, pink roses, pink alstroemeria and white spray carnations, plus some other flowers for table decorations.

Flowers conditioned and ready to use

A while back I found a wicker tea cup and saucer at the wholesaler and knew that would make a great container for the main arrangement. The tea cup design quickly took shape and I topped it off with a diamante pick.

                           

A few days on and the freesias have opened up giving more colour.


We arranged the tables in the garden to look like a café with vintage table cloths and floral arrangements.





I sourced some pretty vintage vases and glassware which I dotted around the house to tie in with the theme. Perfect accessories for a perfect tea party :-)




No comments:

Post a Comment