Saturday 28 June 2014

A Florist of Distinction

Well, it feels a little strange, but also very exciting to be able to say that I am now a florist! I officially completed my Level 2 Diploma yesterday. We marked the occasion with a presentation at college.

Me collecting my certificate 

My official City and Guilds certificate will arrive later this summer. When I totted up all my grades for this year, it looks like I will be awarded a distinction, which is the highest grade for this course. I'm really thrilled :-D

This time last year I had never done anything with flowers other than buy roses from the supermarket and put them in a vase, yet I just had this feeling that floristry would be for me. The gamble has paid off!

Last week I made my last college creation. I think it is one of my favourites from the course.


Bridal shower bouquet 

Here are my top picks from the past year:







I enjoyed all of my course, even all the sketching! It's not that surprising really, when I remember that I only chose A Level geography because it involved field sketches :-P Guess I was always a frustrated artist :-)

Hostess bouquet sketch

So, this year has flown by. What's next? The job market is tough right now, but I'm determined to work as a florist one way or another. I have lots of plans and ideas whirling around in my head. Watch this space!

2 comments:

  1. Very well done!! Magnificent achievement, always beautiful, original creations: plus a very proud day for you. Stephen & Elaine xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations to our brilliant creative daughter. We are so proud of you making this career change. Wishing you all good luck for the future. M & D XXX

    ReplyDelete